When attempting to play a Blu-ray Disc on a Windows 10 computer running the VLC application, a error sometimes occurs9 . This Blu-ray Disc needs a library to decode AACS. One of the main reasons for this error message is that the player is protected by AACS and BD+ technology. Another possible reason is the missing KeyDB.cfg file. In this last article in our troubleshooting series, we look at the problem of Blu-ray Discs that need a library to solve the AACS decoding problem.
To repair this Blu-ray Disc decryption library, the AACSdecryption library is required.
To solve this problem, simply add a few library files to the VLC so that the AACS system can be decrypted.
- Click on this link: https://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name.
- Download file KeyDB.cfg
- Go to AACS Dynamic Library and click on the VLC version you are using.
- Copy KeyDB.cfg to the clipboard and then use the file explorer to navigate.
- Press the Windows + R button to open the Run dialog box.
- Type %APPDATA%. and press Enter to open the hidden Appdata folder.
- Create a new folder (right-click > New > Folder)and call it aacs.
- Open the newly created folder aacs and insert the file KEYDB.cfg.
- Go to the download folder and copy the libaacs.dll file to the clipboard.
- Use the file explorer to navigate to the VLC installation directory and insert it there. Default location C:Program files (64-bit VideoLAN) or C:Program files (x86) VideoLAN (32-bit).
- Open VLC and open a Blu-ray Disc that previously did not work with . This Blu-ray Disc requires the AACSlibrary to decode.
For the time being, the problem of decrypting Blu-ray discs that require the AACS A library has been solved.
this blu-ray disc needs a library for bd+ decoding, and your system does not have it.,libaacs vlc install