Hulu is a video-on-demand service that offers a wide selection of TV shows, movies and more. For a low monthly fee, subscribers have access to a wide range of premium video content accessible from a variety of devices, including Windows 10 computers, Android phones, Apple TV, tablets and more. Despite the fact that this is a solid performance platform, there are cases where we will solve some problems today. In this last article in the series of bug fixes, we will look at the Hulu 301 bug.
How to repair the Hulu 301
Before following the recommended troubleshooting steps for this particular problem, I recommend that you first try restarting your computer. This way you can update your operating system, remove damaged temporary data and solve most software problems quite efficiently.
Several factors can cause a Hulu 301 error, corrupted data in the cache at the wrong computer date and time. The following measures are recommended to solve this problem.
Clear Browser Cache
One factor that can cause this problem is a corrupted browser data cache. Try clearing your browser’s cache and see if that solves the problem.
- Enter the following data into the browser string: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- Click on the Advanced button at the top of the Delete Data window.
- Select one of the following: View history, download history, cookies and other site data, images and cache files.
- In the Time Range drop-down menu, you can select the period for which you want to delete the information in the cache. To empty the entire cache, select All Time.
- Press the CLEAN DATA button.
- The exit of Chrome.
- From the History menu, choose Delete recent history.
- If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
- From time interval to cleaning: Select the desired area from the drop-down menu; to clear the entire cache, select All.
- Click the down arrow next to Details to select the history items you want to delete; to clear the entire cache, select all items.
- Click Delete.
- Close all browser windows and open the browser again.
- Click on the Hub icon in the upper right corner (looks like a star with three horizontal lines)
- Click on the history icon (which looks like a clock) and then click Delete All History.
- Select View History, select Cookies and Saved Website Data, and select Cached Data and Files. Click Delete.
- At least one message appears, exit all browser windows and open the browser again.
- From the Safari menu, choose Delete History… or Clear History and Site Data….
- Select the desired time range and then click Delete History.
- Go to Safari > Exit Safari or press Command-Q to exit the browser completely.
Check if the error has been saved by Hulu.
Changing DNS settings
To check if the problem is caused by a DNS problem, you should try using a different DNS.
- Simultaneously press the Windows + R keys and enter ncpa.cpl.
- Right-click on your connection and select Properties.
- Double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4).
- Enable the Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Use 8.8.8 for favorite DNS servers and 18.104.22.168 for alternate DNS servers.
- Press OK to save the settings.
Make sure the problem with Hulu 301 still exists.
Make sure your computer has the correct time and date
The last step in troubleshooting is to check the correct time and date on your computer.
- Right-click on the time in the lower right corner of the screen and select Set Date/Time.
- A window opens. Select the Date and Time tab on the left side of the window. Then click Edit in the Edit date and time section.
- Enter the time and click Change.
- Updating the system time.
Make sure the Hulu problem remains.
Do you have problems with your computer? Do not hesitate to contact us via this form. We’ll try to help you.
hulu error code 301 chromecast