In #Windows10 we recently covered some game-related topics, and this article is no different from the previous one. Today we added another article about problems with the Windows 10 Game DVR. Although game mode is a welcome improvement for Windows, most players are happy to be able to record on a game DVR. This article describes some of the most common problems that can occur when using a game DVR. So hopefully the solutions we offer here will be useful.
However, before we start on the main topic, we would like to remind you that we do accept requests for help with your Windows computers. If you have a problem for which you don’t seem to find a solution, please send it to us by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. Remember that window problems are sometimes difficult to diagnose, so try to give us a very detailed description of the problem. You want to mention the relevant story that may have led to this problem. The more information you provide, the better chance we have of diagnosing the problem. We also expect you to include in our article any steps you may have taken to correct the error before contacting us to prevent it from happening again. It’s the same here: The more details you give us, the sooner we can find the cause and the solution.
Updating the Xbox application on Windows 10
Make sure the Xbox application has the latest version before troubleshooting any problems with the game DVRs. By default, the Xbox application is configured to automatically update itself in Windows 10, but this can’t happen at all. To make sure it’s up to date, you’ll need to update it manually.
At the time of writing this article the current version of the Xbox application should be 8.8.15003.00000. If you do not know which version of your Xbox application is currently available, open the Xbox application, go to the Settings>General tab and search for About . Here you can view the current version of the Xbox application.
To manually update the Xbox application : 1 :
- On the desktop screen, press Start.
- Click Microsoft Store.
- Select More than (three points) next to the search box, then Downloads and Updates.
- On the Downloads and Updates page, select Get Updates.
Nothing happens when you start the game with the Windows + G key? Here is the solution:
Sometimes it is not possible to start the game at all by pressing the key of Windows + G . Follow these steps to solve the problem:
- Make sure the Xbox application on Windows 10 is fully updated. Read the steps above to find out how to proceed.
- In the Xbox application, check the settings of your Game Recorder under Settings. Make sure that Recording Game Clips and Game Screenshots is enabled with the Game DVR .
- Try switching to window mode when you are in full screen mode. Some games running in full screen mode do not open the board.
- If the first three options do not solve the problem, the game you are playing may ignore the Windows button. Try changing the shortcut key combinations so that the Windows key is not turned on. Go to Xbox application, select Settings, then Game DVR, then Shortcuts to get started.
How can I repair dark or empty game clips?
This problem is caused by the fact that some games do not fully support the DVR function of Windows 10 Game. Usually some games do not allow recording. However, the operating system will still try to run your team to capture or record the game or clip, but they will remain blank or black.
At other times, when shortcut keys are used during playback, dark clips are taken across the screen. In this case, try switching to windowed mode before re-recording the game clips.
Microsoft has recognized this problem and is currently working on a solution. We hope they can provide an update as soon as possible to solve this problem.
What if you can’t take ascreenshot?
There are two possible reasons why screenshots don’t work. Do not save the screen in full screen mode. This is most likely an encryption limitation that Microsoft cannot overcome. If you really need to take a screenshot, we recommend switching to windowed mode.
Another reason may have to do with certain content on your computer. If protected content (files, folders, etc.) is opened on your computer during playback, data security takes precedence and the screenshot is blank. Make sure that all encrypted content is locked before trying to take a new screenshot.
How do I fix the buttons on the gamebar keyboard that don’t work?
There are three possible reasons for this:
- the program is not identified as a game
- the game does not recognize the Windows logo key
- the game can lock all the keys
To perform certain actions in the game panel using shortcuts, Windows 10 must first identify it as a game. Usually you will see a message on the screen asking if you want to use the game cartridge. If you missed the hint, you can press Windows + G to exit the panel. As soon as you receive a message, don’t forget to click on the field next to . Yes, it’s a game.
Some games may not recognize the Windows key, so you have already installed the Game Bar application, but the shortcuts still don’t work, so we advise you to create your own shortcuts without these shortcuts. To confirm that the game does not recognize the Windows key, press the Windows key while you are in the game. If the Start menu is not displayed, create your own set of shortcut keys. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the Xbox application.
- Search parameters. Click on it.
- Tap the spell DVR.
- Tap the shortcut keys.
- Use the link fields to create your own links.
In some cases, some games may even block the keys. If you have tried the above steps and nothing has improved, we recommend using the default game panel instead of the shortcuts.
How do I find screenshots, recorded games and clips?
The Windows 10 operating system automatically saves all games, clips and screenshots saved in the default folder. Proceed as follows to access it:
- Open the file explorer.
- Go to the video.
- Click on the Map Captures button.
How do I fix a Game DVR that stops recording?
Like any other program, a DVR game can succumb to unforeseen interference. An accident like this is a record that doesn’t end well. This causes the game DVR to sometimes fail or not record at all. If you encounter this problem, you will need to restart the DVR game to solve it. Here’s the thing:
- If you’re in the game, seal it. Make sure he doesn’t just minimize them. You have to turn it off.
- Go to the task bar and enter Task Managerin the search window.
- Open task manager.
- On the Processes tab, locate the Broadcast DVR Server process (bcastdvr.exe) and left click on it. Then select Target. If the broadcast server DVR process (bcastdvr.exe) is no longer in the process list, it should already have been closed.
- Restart the game and check if the recording now works.
We’re here to help.
If you have problems with your Windows computer, please let us know. We understand how computer problems can arise, especially if you can’t find a good solution. Our blog is designed to help PC users and the Windows community solve their problems effectively. To get in touch with us, all you have to do is fill in form on this link and wait for our articles to be published. To help as many people as possible, we only make our solutions available via messaging. Therefore, do not expect us to respond to your personal e-mails or messages. By publishing all messages, we can share our solutions more effectively with other users. We cannot guarantee a quick response, so if your problem is urgent, please find another way to solve it.
game dvr not working windows 10,windows 10 recording not working