On Google Chrome, connection errors during browsing are not uncommon. This article gives instructions to to correct theproxy connection error.
In Windows 10, when you try to open a website with a chrome browser, it may indicate that there are connection problems or that there is no Internet connection. It also indicates the name of the error. This can be ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED. Normally, this type of error appears in your PC. The chrome of your smartphone can also show the same error code. Don’t worry about it. You can easily solve this problem.
In general, any problem with a proxy or Internet settings will cause this problem. But it’s very easy to solve.
If you are looking for a solution to this problem you have come to the right place. Before you start the actual methods, I suggest you check if other devices on the same network have the same problems or not. Because sometimes it’s the problem of your ISP. In this case, contact them for help in correcting the error err_proxy_connection_failed.
You should check a few other things, too. Check whether other browsers are working correctly or not. See also Chrome in guest mode. If you find that Chrome is working properly in guest mode, disable all extensions, clear the cache, and erase the data. This will solve the problem.
By the way, to solve the problems of a bad proxy connection, just follow these methods.
1. Check proxy settings
To solve this problem in chromium, the first solution is to check the settings of the proxy server. Follow the instructions below.
- First press Win + I on the keyboard. The Windows 10 settings window opens.
- Go to Network & Internet > Proxy.
- Turn everything off except the automatic detection settings.
If you are not a Windows 10 user, do the following.
- First press the Win + R keyboard, type inetcpl.cpl and press the Enter key.
- Then go to the Connections tab and click on LAN Settings. A new window will open.
- Now delete everything except the automatic detection settings.
Then restart the computer. Hopefully this will solve the problem of the faultyproxy connection.
2. TCP reset, IP update
It can be a practical solution to eliminate all connection problems on your PC. To reset the TCP/IP, update the IP, you can execute some commands. Here are the instructions with all the details.
- First open a command line as administrator. To do this, open the Start menu, type cmd, right-click the command prompt, and select Start as Administrator.
- Then type the following commands and press the Enter key for each command.
Reset the Winsock gauze
deposit of the ip network
ipconfig / Release
ipconfig / update
- Once these commands have been executed, you can restart Windows.
This can correct the proxy connection error in Google Chrome.
3. Resetting Internet settings
This is another excellent method to diagnose a failed proxy connection. In some cases, resetting the Internet settings may help to resolve this error. Here’s what you need to do.
- First press Win + R, type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter. Real estate on the internet is open.
- Now go to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Restart the computer.
Now let’s see if that solves your problem.
4. Disable Windows registry Proxy
It’s another effective way to get rid of your problem. Before you do, I suggest you back up the registry. Now, follow these things.
- First open the RUN as usual. Then type regedit and press the Enter key. This opens the Windows Registry Editor.
- Then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version > Internet Settings.
- Now remove the following items.
Activate proxy server
Activate proxy server
- Restart the computer. This should correct the proxy connection error.
6. Additional solutions for ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_BREAKDOWN
In general, the first five methods work in almost all situations. However, if you experience the same problem, it may be due to a bad configuration of your computer. So I suggest you check this out.
- First deactivate the virus protection and the third party firewall. It will make clear if she is the cause of the problem. If this is the case, delete or change the corresponding settings.
- Reboot your router or modem and see if it helps.
- Scan your computer for malware with a good security program.
We hope these tips will help you solve the problems associated with a failed connection to a proxy server. Maybe you have a better offer. I advise you to let everyone know in the comments field.
I hope this helps you a little!
err proxy connection failed mac,can't connect to the proxy server