One of the most popular accessories you can connect to your Windows 10 computer is a Bluetooth mouse. It is very easy to use because no wires are needed to create a cleaner workplace. Although connecting this mouse to your computer is very easy, you may have problems sometimes. In this article, the latest in a series of troubleshooting articles, we look at a Bluetooth mouse that doesn’t work with Windows 10.
This must be done when a Bluetooth mouse is not operating on a computer specified in.
Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting steps below, it is best to restart your computer. This action updates the operating system and deletes any temporarily corrupted data that may be causing the problem.
Different factors can cause this specific problem, from driving problems to energy management parameters. The following measures are recommended to solve this problem.
Attempt to modify energy and sleep parameters
Windows 10 has several power saving features that you can manage through the settings.
- Press the key with the Windows logo on the keyboard, type Power Options and select the highest search result.
- Click Change during sleep mode in the left pane and click Change Advanced Performance Settings.
- Turn Dream> Dream To and select Never from the context menu.
- After setting the time, press Apply and OK .
Make sure the Bluetooth mouse is still working.
Bluetooth driver update
One of the most common causes of this problem is an outdated Bluetooth driver. Therefore, make sure your computer uses the latest drivers.
- Go to Search, enter Device Managerand open Device Manager.
- Find your Bluetooth mouse, right click it and go to Software Driver Update.
- Have the wizard check for and apply updates (if applicable)
- Reboot the computer to .
Try connecting to your Bluetooth mouse again.
Make sure the Bluetooth service is.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run extended command line.
- On the command line, type services.msc and press Enter.
- Go to Bluetooth support.
- When he’s ready to take off, that’s fine. Otherwise, right-click and select Start.
Starting the System Error Analyzer
Windows has a built-in tool that can diagnose and solve specific software problems. With this tool, try to repair a Bluetooth mouse that does not work.
- Open the settings .
- Click on Update and Security .
- Select Troubleshooting in the left panel.
- Press Start to start the troubleshooting program under the Bluetooth icon.
- Follow the instructions.
See if there’s a problem.
Resetting the Bluetooth mouse connection
Sometimes you can solve a problem by removing the mouse and putting it back in Windows 10.
- In the search box, type Bluetooth and then click Bluetooth and other devices.
- Select Bluetooth Mouse, then select Delete.
- After deleting, press Add Bluetooth or other device.
- If the device is not found, restart it. When the device is found, select it and press Next.
- Follow the wizard installation instructions.
Make sure the mouse still doesn’t work.
bluetooth mouse connected but not working windows 10,wireless mouse not working on laptop